Tarver-Rendon Elementary has a limited number of clubs available for the 2021-2022 school year. The clubs that are available this school year are in italics.
Tarver-Rendon Elementary offers a variety of before, during and after school clubs to develop well-rounded students. All students participate in clubs during school hours throughout the school year. Clubs that are offered during the school day change from year to year but always include sports, games, musical and leadership clubs. In addition to a variety of clubs, all Tarver-Rendon students participate in weekly Agriculture Leadership classes. During the Agriculture Leadership classes, students are taught concepts of agriculture and horticulture as well as leadership skills.
Students may also participate in a variety of extra curricular clubs offered before school or after school. Students may participate in academic clubs (UIL, Math Pentathlon, Battle of the Books), athletic clubs (Run Club), and leadership development clubs (student council, Park Patrol, Jr FFA).
Extra Curricular Clubs offered to students include:
- Math Pentathlon- Math Pentathlon is a set of interactive problem-solving games students are taught how to play. This motivational program strengthens basic math concepts and skills, and stimulates creative thinking while developing problem-solving skills.
- Battle of the Books- Battle of the Books is a unique club that combines books and competition. Students read and study five award winning novels throughout the year with their peers. At the end of the year, a team is chosen to go to competition to "battle" against the other elementary schools.
- Roadrunner Chorus- The Chorus is a choir of exceptional 3rd and 4th graders from Tarver-Rendon Elementary. We meet weekly and learn songs to perform at district and community events such as on campus programs, Toys For Tots and Hometown Holidays.
- Student Council- Student Council members are responsible for organizing and working in various drives ( canned food, dental care, clothes, etc.) to support families in need in Rendon and surrounding areas. They also organize activities and events for students and staff.
- Mansfield News Network- 4th graders create daily news casts to inform students and staff of what is happening at Tarver-Rendon.
- UIL clubs- 2nd, 3rd and 4th graders participate in a variety of special interest teams to develop their knowledge and skills of the subject and ultimately compete at the district level competition.
- Run Club- Students of all grade levels are invited to develop and refine their running skills by participating in the Run Club.
- Discovery Park Patrol- Students in grades K-4 perform different tasks in the school's outdoor classroom, The Discovery Park, to help maintain the grounds, gardens, greenhouse, and to care for the school animals.
- Jr. FFA- 3rd and 4th graders have the opportunity to join the local and national chapter of the Future Farmers of America. They will select an animal project to raise and to show at local stock shows.
- Honor Guard- Student are taught flag etiquette and learn responsibility as they raise and lower the flags each day.
Clubs are subject to change